Sunday, January 6, 2013

My experience of NBA game


For this time’s blog post, I am going to share my experience on watching real NBA game when I was 18 years old. I went to the Boston garden, which is one of the famous basketball team, Boston Celtics’ arena. Standing in this arena that was 50 times larger than my home, I felt like a needle in a haystack. So about 25,000 people surrounding me it’s like I’m one grain of sand in the ocean. The people around the arena form a black and yellow checker board. Their clothing engaged and looked like a throw. Smelling the concession stand made me feel like a starving child. The smell of hotdogs and Italian sausage reminds me of a back yard grill. The smell of melted cheese on nachos made my stomach growl wishing I had some. I was able to get a taste of the pretzels as a man and child walk by me with one. The warm bread with coarse salt was delicious.



        Then, a man on a microphone yelled out loud for the players to come out. The roar of the people surrounding me was like being right behind the jet of an airplane. The deafening noise made me squint my eyes. I clapped my hands along with other fans, and my hands felt oily after just eating a hot piece of pizza. My mouth was still filled with the sauce, saucy taste of the slice in my mouth. I looked down towards the court where the players have now started shooting baskets.  Their green coloured uniforms stand out in the glare of the spotlights above. The court had a waxy look, like it has just been swept, and the glass backboards, had a shine just as bright as a new car.





The game ended after that. Every single person in the crowd wore smiles on their face as if they had just won a prize. Few others screamed and showed displeasure as they swayed down the stairs to the doorway.  The noise had greatly decreased that gave my ears a rest.  It was down to a dull roar, like a breeze blowing around leaves. My feet and hands were in pain from being pounded for nearly three hours.

NBA was not just a basketball game; it was an amazing showcase that everyone was going wild. I still can remember the moment of dunk. I think the difference between the NBA and the other leagues is of course it can be whether players are good or not. However, I think the passion of fans is mostly important. Fans are the most important part to the team because they give the players confidence, and whoever their favorite team is, they really love that team.
By telling my experience of NBA, I hope you can have a little more interest on NBA or other sports to make the players more confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment